When reading digitally, we naturally look at pictures first, then read text. What does your LinkedIn profile photo say about you? Make the most of those few seconds when people are reviewing/visiting your LinkedIn profile page.
- Have a quality and up-to-date photo.
- If taken with your phone, use the “portrait” setting.
- Keep backgrounds simple.
- Pay special attention to lighting and smile naturally.
- Your face should be prominent – use a photo that shows you from the shoulders up.
- Dress for success – wear a professional outfit fit for the position that you’re seeking.
- Your LinkedIn profile picture should be of you and only you.
Remember LinkedIn is a professional site – avoid photos more appropriate for other social media sites.
For more tips, visit our website: www.jobseekersedge.com