Your resume may be inscrutable by recruiters’ resume scanning software. These Application Tracking Systems (ATS) scan your resume for keywords and essential job requirements. Ensure that your resume’s vital information is discoverable by the software.
- Use standard Word/PDF format with 12-point black text on a white background.
- Never use charts, tables, images or illustrations in your resume.
- List your experience in reverse-chronological order – start with your present position and work backward including the dates of employment.
- Never put important content in the header or footer. Ensure that contact information is in the main document.
- Include key words and descriptive phrases from the job description.
- Conclude with education, applicable certifications, and patents.