Your panel interview may be in person around a table, or on a Zoom call. Either way, they provide a unique opportunity to display your collaborative and teamwork skills under the pressure of a complex group dynamic.
- Do your homework. Research each member in advance and remember their names. Refer to them by name throughout the interview.
- Give equal attention to each member of the panel. Don’t show preference to the higher-level managers.
- Look directly at each participant when you are answering or asking questions. Smile and nod in agreement while they are speaking.
- Use a conversational approach. Be flexible, adaptable, and listen carefully. Have your questions ready, but don’t ask a question that has already been discussed during the interview.
- Remember to thank each person individually for their time.