Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/jobseeker2/public_html/wp-content/themes/jse/content.php on line 28
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/jobseeker2/public_html/wp-content/themes/jse/content.php on line 29
Weekly Tip #44: Is Your LinkedIn Profile Picture Perfect? How to Avoid Common Head Shot Mistakes
Profiles with photos are proven to generate more attention from recruiters than those without. But if your photo isn’t professional you’re sending the wrong message.
- Use the portrait function on your camera for the best resolution for face photography.
- Never use family photos, dating site photos or group photos. The image should be of only you, and only from the chest up.
- Use a plain, neutral background and
- Dress professionally. Wear clothes that are appropriate for the position you desire. No sunglasses, no hats.
- For a natural smile, have a friend or family member take the photos while telling you an amusing story. And don’t snap just one or two – try to have at least 20 or 30 to choose from.
- Once you have the perfect photo, play close attention to its placement on your Profile page. Ensure that the placement hasn’t chopped off the top or bottom of the photo