If you are over 50 you need to craft a resume specifically to avoid age discrimination. Unconscious age bias exists, so ensure that your resume reflects your skills and experience, not your age.
- Eliminate graduation and completion dates in the Education section of your resume
- Include a maximum of 15 years of detailed work experience. Anything prior to that is probably irrelevant in today’s job market
- To display any relevant experience prior to 15 years ago, simply summarize it in your cover letter or the “Experience Summary” section of your resume
- Check your LinkedIn profile and apply the same age-minimizing edits
- Turn off your other social media accounts to unknown viewers. Pictures with the grandkids are a blatant give-away
- Refine your last two positions to fit the job description as closely as possible