Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/jobseeker2/public_html/wp-content/themes/jse/content.php on line 28
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/jobseeker2/public_html/wp-content/themes/jse/content.php on line 29
Weekly Tip #40: An Effective Elevator Pitch Piques Interest and Sets the Tone for Next Steps in the Hiring Process
Elevator pitches are not sales pitches. Like a movie trailer, they give a brief and compelling picture of your talents. They create interest and drive action: in this case the next step in the hiring process.
- Your elevator pitch should be authentic, short and memorable. Focus on what drives you and what you have to offer.
- Quickly describe your background. Don’t recite data. Simply state how you started out, and where you’ve been.
- Highlight your accomplishments in a natural way. “Reducing procurement costs is what I obsess about. At my current company I’ve saved 10 to 20% year after year.”
- Explain what you want. “I’m hoping to move into a role where I will find bigger challenges and my talents will drive growth.”
- Ask for what you want. “I would love to continue this conversation. Can I give you a call next week to schedule some time together?”
For more tips and tools to optimize your job search visit our website.