Short answer…Yes! Not only is it good manners, it is a must! A thank you note within 24 hrs. signals:
- You want the job.
- Reinforces that you are professional.
- Shows you’re suitable for the position.
Because many people now work remotely, more interviews are being done online,
and you might not have access to the interviewer’s physical location. So, send an email.
However, if you have the physical address of your interviewer(s), sending a handwritten thank you note is a great compliment to your email. And something very few, if any, other applicants will be doing.
- Keep it short, sweet, and to the point.
- Never send a text message, as it’s far too casual for this situation.
- Include 2-3 examples as to why you are the right person for the job.
- Address specific scenarios discussed in the interview.
- State what you will do, how you can bring value, and that you are excited about the opportunity.
- IMPORTANT! Thank them for their time and consideration.
Don’t miss out on your dream job because of a missed thank-you note. Reach out to Job Seekers’ Edge and let us help you make the right impression. www.jobseekersedge.com