One of our favorite books right now is Harvard Business Review’s on Emotional Intelligence.
Throughout the book, there is valuable insight into the skill of managing and understanding our emotional responses, and how that can help every aspect of life.
The five core components of emotional intelligence are:
- Self-awareness: Understanding our own emotions and recognizing how they affect our behavior.
- Empathy: The ability to understand how other people feel so that we can respond appropriately.
- Self-regulation: Managing our own emotions so that we can remain focused and make better decisions.
- Motivation: Taking action that will help us reach our goals.
- Social Skills: Effectively interacting with others and building strong relationships.
Strong emotional intelligence skills can give you an edge during the hiring process, as employers increasingly value EQ when making hiring decisions.
Interested in how your EQ measures up? Contact us for a free discovery call.