If you’ve been with your company awhile, your scope and responsibilities may have expanded, is it time for promotion or a title change? A title is an indicator both internally and externally of what level you are within your organization.
- Do some soul searching as to ‘why’ a certain title. Can this new title help you do your job more effectively? Will it add credibility to you in working with clients?
- Utilize your resources to identify job titles that reflect your skills expertise and status. Does the new title make sense within your firm and the industry?
- Does this new title make sense to your current boss? Their motivations and challenges.
- When making your request project strength, but also modesty. Never demand.
- Remember this is a negotiation and should be a part of a multi-issue discussion. i.e. a review, compensation change, etc.
For more information, visit us at www.jobseekersedge.com