A recruiter has just asked you to participate in a one-way video job interview. Cue panic mode!
Fear not. While they may seem awkward, asynchronous interviews give you some advantages. Follow these simple tips:
- Make sure your camera is at eye level and that the area is silent and well-lit.
- You want to make the interviewer feel like you are speaking to them personally, so lean in toward the camera, and use a conversational tone.
- Relax and smile! You want to come across as friendly and relatable.
- Next, remember to dress professionally.
- Maybe the most crucial? Practice, practice, practice! Write each answer down, and then refine it. You’ll feel more confident and in control when recording your interview.
So, go ahead and press “record”; you can do it!
If you’re still feeling uneasy, don’t fret. For more details about video interviewing and winning methods, visit www.jobseekersedge.com.