Weekly Tip #18: LinkedIn profile visits – What you need to do to make sure they keep looking.
Whether it is a recruiter or other industry professionals who are looking at talent, can you guess what they do first? Yup. They look you up on LinkedIn. They’ll quickly scan your “About” section, and if they like what they see, they’ll keep investigating you. Just one more reason why it’s so important to have a solid LinkedIn profile:
- Use a casual, yet professional headshot. If you’re not happy with your own self-produced pictures, it’s worth it to hire a photographer.
- Craft your headline very carefully using keywords that are easily searched.
- Use the “About” section to convey your personal brand. Tell a brief story about your experience, work passions, and leadership style.
- Increase credibility in your work and education sections by incorporating corporate and educational institution logos.
- Make sure your contact information is 100% accurate – and clickable!
Want to know more about how to optimize your LinkedIn profile? Contact us at www.jobseekersedge.com.