Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/jobseeker2/public_html/wp-content/themes/jse/content.php on line 28
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/jobseeker2/public_html/wp-content/themes/jse/content.php on line 29
Weekly Tip #17: Tech-Savvy Ways to Target Your Dream Job – It Won’t Find You Unassisted
If you are spending far too much time sorting through and responding to dead-end online job postings or replying to recruiter inquiries for ho-hum lateral positions, follow this five-step strategy to proactively pursue the job you really want:
- Develop a list of the companies you most admire and would like to work for.
- Search LinkedIn for the names of the top-level HR and departmental VPs.
- Actively follow them on LinkedIn and other social media platforms. Make short relevant comments to their posts.
- Reach out directly to communicate your admiration of the company and give a specific reason why.
- Finally, reach out again to inquire about opportunities now and in the future. Include a brief (2-3 sentences) description of your capabilities and what you could bring to the table.