Weekly Tip #17: Tech-Savvy and Smart Ways to Target Your Dream Job
If it feels like you’re spending too much time on dead-end online job postings, or replying to recruiter inquiries for “nothing to see here” lateral positions, follow this five-step strategy to proactively pursue the job you really want.
- Write out the names of companies that interest you, and that you would most like to work for.
- Search LinkedIn for the names of senior and top-level executives in the departments of your areas of expertise.
- Actively follow them on LinkedIn and other social media platforms. Make short, relevant comments on their posts.
- Reach out directly and connect.
- Reach out again to maintain connection and to potentially discuss industry trends, and challenges and gather more information.
Learn more about tech-savvy and proven strategies for your particular job search by contacting us at www.jobseekersedge.com