This unique position is typically implemented during start-ups, periods of rapid growth, transitions such as mergers and acquisitions, or crisis situations. Through this arrangement, the C-suite can focus on long-term goals and strategies because fractional executives deliver specific results, for specific problems and for a specific time frame.
This type of position benefits the company in a number of ways, including:
- Objectivity and new ideas
- Creation of new position – test role
- Expertise in highly specific situations
- Vetted relationships
When exploring this role, be sure to weigh the downside:
- Does this type of arrangement suit your career big picture?
- Do you have the right mindset for intense, short-term engagements?
- Are you ok with not having benefits, equity, or perks?
- Do you have the right documents in place, i.e. consulting contract, NDA, the scope of work, etc?
If this sounds like a role you’d be interested in, learn more at jobseekersedge.com or schedule a free call to discuss your own job search by clicking here.