Transferrable Skills May Be the Most Influential Weapon In Your Job Search Arsenal
You take more than your favorite paperweight and that adorable dog portrait with you when you change jobs: the skills that don’t necessarily belong to a particular niche or industry may make the difference between a job offer and a pass.
Examples of these transferrable skills include:
- People Skills: collaboration, relationship building, motivating, empathy
- Management Skills: Time management, leadership, decision-making, resource allocation, negotiating
- Research & Planning: Project management, scheduling, prioritization, risk management
- Hard Skills: Software, hardware, troubleshooting
- Leadership Skills: Commitment, passion, empowerment, resilience, purpose, accountability, emotional intelligence
- Additional Skills: Foreign language fluency, public speaking experience, published writings
Include your transferrable skills on your resume and have examples ready for the interview.