Beauty is in the Eye of Artificial Intelligence – Format your Resume Appropriately
What looks nice to the human eye may be a garbled mess after passing through the artificial intelligence (AI) in Application Tracking System Software (ATS). Ensure that your resume’s vital information stays intact:
- Use standard Word/PDF formats, 12-point black text on white background.
- Eliminate images, designs, charts, and tables.
- Use reverse chronological order – start with the present and work backward including dates of employment.
- Never put contact information in headers or footers.
- Include keywords that match the job description.
- Conclude with education, applicable certifications, and patents.