Are Thank You Notes Still a Thing? You Bet! Post-Interview Follow Up is an Essential Step in Your Job Search Process
It’s not just good manners. A follow-up email, note, or phone call signals that you want the job and reinforces your suitability for the position:
- Keep it short and sweet – a brief communication is more likely to be read.
- Don’t send a text message – it is too casual for this situation.
- Thank them for their time and consideration.
- Give 2-3 examples of why you are the right person for the job. Address specific scenarios that were discussed in the interview.
- Tell them what you will do, not what you can do.
- Consider a hand-written note – an email may be buried in an inbox, but a hand-written note sits on their desk.