Make the Camera Love You—Acing the One-Way Video Interview
You’ve been asked to complete a one-way (asynchronous) interview. Like an actor’s demo tape, you need to prepare and present your best self. You will receive login information and instructions to complete your interview. In most scenarios, there will be time limits and re-record options. Once your responses are submitted, the hiring manager will review them.
- Read and follow all instructions carefully. Note time limits and deadlines. Keep login information handy.
- Set up your technology: avoid using a phone and raise your monitor to head level. Check your lighting and background.
- Practice your responses: verbalize your accomplishments and have examples ready.
- As you record your responses, stay focused and concise.
- Dress the part. Be friendly and professional.