If you are interviewing face-to-face or via video conferencing, you want to manage that first impression so that your skills and experience shine through. Subconscious biases are formed in just a few seconds and even more quickly over Zoom.
- Determine standard business attire for the company: ask someone that works there or look through social media for images from the workplace.
- Most if not all interviews are being conducted on Zoom these days: splurge – you will only need it for your interview, and you will only need one. Gents: buy a great white shirt. Ladies: try a lovely stylish scarf.
- And since Most if not all interviews are being conducted on Zoom these days go ahead and splurge – you will need it for your interviews. Gents buy a great white shirt. Ladies try a lovely stylish scarf.
- Avoid bright colors and patterns. Use subtle accessories. If you are meeting in person, have a nice conservative briefcase or handbag.
- Makeup, hairstyles and fingernail colors should be sophisticated and professional.
- And above all else, don’t forget to smile!