Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/jobseeker2/public_html/wp-content/themes/jse/content.php on line 28
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/jobseeker2/public_html/wp-content/themes/jse/content.php on line 29
It Only Takes 3 Seconds to Project a Positive First Impression. You Won’t Be Given Time to Overcome a Bad One.
Humans have been making snap judgments since infancy: studies show babies will crawl towards the smiling stranger. Your interviewer isn’t much different, she will favor the candidate that gives the best first impression.
- Be Punctual – Allow extra time to check your appearance, review the job description, prepare your questions and practice a quick relaxation technique such as deep breathing.
- Have your questions ready – the questions you ask during an interview are just as important as the ones you answer.
- Dress appropriately – know how the company executives dress and emulate their style. Avoid bright or flashy clothing and accessories.
- Make eye contact and smile! If you project enthusiasm and friendliness, the interviewer will get a positive impression of you as a person.
- Rehearse and memorize phrases that emphasize your strengths as they relate to the job requirements. Learn everything you can about the company before the interview.