Overly ornate resumes are not only difficult for the human reader, they can also trip up the applicant tracking system software.
- When it comes to resumes, simple is key. Keep to only essential information.
- Avoid using graphics; these can distract from the content of your resume, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) cannot process images.
- Take the time to revise and edit your resume twice, if not more. Ideally, your resume should be 2-pages.
- Patents, publications and references should be on separate pages.
- Incorporate keywords and phrases from the specific job description.
The best way to avoid an overly ornate resume is to keep it simple and direct. For help creating the perfect resume, contact us at www.jobseekersedge.com or 760 310-9598