Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/jobseeker2/public_html/wp-content/themes/jse/content.php on line 28
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/jobseeker2/public_html/wp-content/themes/jse/content.php on line 29
Weekly Tip #9: Identify and Feature Your Transferable Skills in a Job Search
When you’re crafting your resume, featuring key transferable skills is an excellent way to demonstrate the breadth of your experience and knowledge. Featuring these hands-on skills will help you get the job.
- People Skills: This includes the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively, as well as motivating, listening, and demonstrating empathy.
- Management: Knowing how to make decisions, negotiate, manage time effectively, and allocating resources.
- Leadership: High-level leadership is best modeled by commitment, passion, empowering others, resilience, and demonstrating emotional intelligence.
- Research and Planning: This includes project and risk management, budgeting, resource allocation, and prioritization.
- Hard Skills: Technical know-how that can be applied to specific tasks such as computer programming, software troubleshooting, and data analysis.
- Additional Skills: For example, published articles in professional journals or magazines, speaking engagements, successful volunteer projects, and second languages.
Pay attention to frequently used keywords in job postings and utilize them in your resume.
For personalized tips on identifying and relaying your transferable skills to employers, visit www.jobseekersedge.com