It’s not just good manners, it’s a must! A follow-up email (within 24 hrs.) signals you want the job and reinforces that you are professional and are suitable for the position. If you have the physical address of your interviewer(s), sending a handwritten ‘thank you’ note will be a great compliment to your email.
- Keep it short, sweet and to the point – it is more likely to be read.
- Never send a text message – it is too casual for this situation.
- Provide 2-3 examples as to why you are the right person for the job. Address specific scenarios that were discussed in the interview.
- State what you ‘will do’, not what you can do.
- Thank them for their time and consideration.