Ageism Is Real – Search Like a Millennial
You’ve dropped the first ten years off your resume, now you must fight the stereotype of the aging professional:
- Stay intellectually curious: keep up with tech innovations, social media trends, and new practices in your industry.
- Commit to a healthy mind and body. Adopt popular activities of successful young professionals like hiking, biking, snowboarding, surfing, blogging, volunteering.
- Have examples of your mentoring capabilities at the ready.
- Project energy, nimbleness and spontaneity in your thinking and actions.
- You bring a wealth of the knowledge, experience and expertise that younger candidates lack. Choose the companies that will embrace these attributes.
Now go get ‘em kiddo!