How to Look for Your Next Job While You’re Still Employed? – Tactfully
When looking for your next position while you are still employed, follow these tips so that you can bow-out gracefully, without burning bridges:
- Never use your current employer’s time, property, computers, email, or phone numbers while conducting your search.
- Use LinkedIn judiciously – don’t put your current resume on your profile, and turn off network notifications.
- Do not blast your resume on job boards.
- Be selective about the recruiters you work with and ask for their confidentiality.
- Always tell interviewers that your search is confidential.
- Never speak negatively about your current job, company or boss.
- Avoid social media posts about your search, or your current company.
- Do not discuss your search with any of your co-workers.