A Picture is Worth… LinkedIn Profile Photo Do’s and Don’ts
A professional looking profile photo is an essential element of your LinkedIn presentation. Studies show that you are much more likely to be contacted by a recruiter if you include a photo in your profile.
- Make sure your photo is high resolution, use the portrait function on your camera if it has one.
- The photo should be from the chest up—60% should be your head and face. A plain background is best.
- Dress for success – always wear business clothes appropriate for the job you are seeking.
- Remember to smile, show some personality.
- Never use group, family, or photos that contain other individuals. This is all about YOU.
- Party or dating site photos are not appropriate, you want to reflect your professional side.
- Get a friend to take many images. The more you take, the more relaxed and natural you will look. Never use a “selfie”.